In this modern era, if technology has a positive impact on our lives it also has some negative impacts. Cryptocurrency mining is the best negative example of new technology that has a bad impact on sustainability. It requires a large amount of energy to verify transactions.
Also, it needs more energy to create new coins. So, as a result, the carbon emission spreads into the environment and damages it. In this article, we will tell you all about What is an example of New Technology Having a Negative Impact on Sustainability and explain them with graphical representation.
How can new technology harm sustainability?
Cryptocurrency mining is a negative example of new technology that has a bad impact on sustainability. It requires a large amount of energy to verify transactions. Also, it needs more energy to create new coins. So, as a result, the carbon emission spreads into the environment and damages it.
Carbon Footprints is the whole amount of energy sources like Nuclear, carbon dioxide, Fossil fuels, and Renewables. The energy used for mining comes from nuclear and fossil fuels which are gasses that are emission from greenhouses.
Cryptocurrency Mining of Carbon Footprint
|Energy Source||% of Emissions|
Crypto mining contains all the mathematical and difficult puzzles by using some computer process that needs some significant computational power. According to the survey, bitcoin alone consumes more energy than complete countries’ electricity such as the Netherlands and Argentina.
Cryptocurrency Annual Energy Consumption (TWh)
|Cryptocurrency||Annual Energy Consumption (TWh)|
|Bitcoin||27 Terawatt hours|
|Argentina||29 Terawatt hours.|
|Ethereum||58.26 Terawatt hours|
|Netherlands||113 Terawatt hours|
The mining operation depends on powerful technology and other types of equipment. E-waste holds hazardous material that might have a harmful impact on human health and the environment.
E-waste was generated by Cryptocurrency Mining
|2019||53.6 million metric tons|
|2020||55.5 million metric tons|
|2021||57.4 million metric tons|
|2022||59.4 million metric tons|
New Technology Having a Negative Impact on Sustainability?
Look around there are many technologies produced to make human life easy. The latest phones, laptops, TVs, and many other devices have come with advanced technology, and the demand for these devices increases day by day.
So, if you think about What is an example of New Technology Having a Negative Impact on Sustainability. The use of technology has negative impacts such as drones, artificial intelligence, and the simple example of the use of phones.
Technology and the environment are combined and the connection between each other is critical in the pursuit of sustainability. Technology causes damage to the environment and wildlife. However, if you understand the connection, you may also work for the cause of sustainability.
Let’s discuss some of the New Technology Having a Negative Impact on Sustainability:
Digital Currencies are an example of the negative impact of the new technology.
- Money laundering and cybercrime cases are increasing day by day.
- Digital currency is mostly connected with criminal activities.
- Digital currencies require the process of transactions.
The use of artificial intelligence is an example of the negative impact of new technology.
- If any person wants information about anything they can just write the topic and they simply get the information.
- The use of artificial intelligence is against privacy.
- Company personal information can also be leaked.
- Against human rights.
- The content writer can use this technology to write content that is against the office rules.
Drones are one example of the negative impact of the new technology.
- It requires a large amount of energy to start work and make a lot of noise.
- Their use also disturbs wildlife and natural habitats.
- Most use of drones in surveillance or delivery is illegal for privacy and security issues.
The self-driving car has a positive impact as well as an example of the negative impact on technology.
- The use of the that-like cars encourages the drivers.
- Owners of cars prefer self-driving cars and the driver’s lives become difficult to find another job.
- The owners may not have the experience to drive a car so, the chances of an accident can also increase.
If you think about that, what is an Example of New Technology Having a Negative Impact on Sustainability? So, pollution is a major example that has the negative impact of the new technology.
- Many diseases are increasing in the environment.
- Manufacturing and transporting technological goods produced the fuels that impact the air.
- While you might not emit any pollutants when you utilize your laptop or cell phone, producing the electricity that powers them does.
- Technology and pollution are connected to each other.
- Many factories are producing pollution.
- Advances in technology over the previous 50 years have caused a dramatic increase in the globe’s temperature.
- Utilizing technology in many various manners increases the atmosphere’s temperature to rise.
If you are still curious about What is an example of New Technology Having a Negative Impact on Sustainability then, Recycling the damaged things also creates the negative impact of the new technology.
- Waste that is recycled is good for some time but sometimes not good for human health. It can cause disease.
- Dangerous metals from the electronics may cause harm if someone does not know the proper technique for recycling the item and throws it away.
Plastic Production Machine
Moreover, single-use plastic production machines are an example of the negative impact of the new technology.
- They make it simple to mass-produce items made of single-use plastic, including straws, caps, and packaging.
- The plastic material takes time to decompose.
- The oceans, streets, and gardens are filled with plastic bags.
- The single-use plastic production can harm wildlife.
- The environment, gardens, and public places look ugly.
As more and more technology increases to provide the facility to human services that has both negative and positive impacts. Rather it also depends on the use of the technology which raises the question What is an example of New Technology Having a Negative Impact on Sustainability?
So, some technologies are designed as eco-friendly but some technologies promote sustainability. However; before using any technology must know about the negative impacts of them and understand it clearly.
For more information visit voxblend.com