A bed is a type of furniture in which you put a lot of effort and energy into setting it up in the right position and erection. However, if you find yourself quite low while laying on the bed, then how to raise a bed without legs?
If you are not in the mood to add legs to your bed for raising it, we will discuss the various methods that can help you raise your bed higher. Let us delve straight into the solution of this problem.
How to raise a bed without legs?
Raising a bed without legs is quite easy and you can do it with the help of different methods. Now, we will discover each method with extensive details and functionality.
Pulling up with Chains:
Using 4 chains from the ceiling to each corner for lifting the bed is an effective way to raise the bed without legs. As the chain’s length can be adjustable according to the height of the bed you want. Furthermore, such beds also give a unique and modern visual appeal to your bedroom. Moreover, you do not need any legs to raise your bed.
Method of installing chains for raising a bed:
- First of all, locate the position of the bed in your room. Mark the four points on the ceiling where you will do the fixing of chains.
- Next, fix four studs on the ceiling according to the position of the bed. Note, use the drill machine and eye bolts for fixing the studs in the ceiling.
- Add 4 such bolts in the 4 corners of the bed where chains will fix and lift the bed.
- Now, fix the chains on all corners of the bed and take them to the corresponding stud on the ceiling.
- Adjust the height of the bed according to your wish and fix the chains on the upper studs.
Using bed risers for lifting the height of the bed:
Another classic method for extending the height of your bed is using a bed raiser if you are looking for how to raise a bed without legs. Bed Risers are available in different materials and you can customize their size according to your wish. Let’s find the method of installing a bed riser and various types of bed risers in terms of material.
Types of Bed Risers:
There are three types of bed risers. These types are screw-in, stackable, and adjustable risers. Therefore, each type of bed riser has a different installation process also.
How to install risers for the bed to raise the bed?
- For installing a screw-in Bed Riser, first of all, you need the alignment of the risers with the bed platform. After doing this, mark the holes for the screws.
- Now, with the help of a drill machine, make holes in the platform and add bolts to firmly attach the platform with these screw-in bed lifters.
- For installing an adjustable Bed Riser, place the block with the largest area and height on four different corners of the bed. Now, check whether this height is enough or not.
- Next, rack smaller size blocks on that larger block and adjust the height.
- Finally, put the bed onto that block. That is it.
- For installing a Stackable Bed Riser, start by picking up one side of the bed and placing a bed riser under it. Repeat this process for each corner of the bed.
- After placing each stackable bed riser under each corner, make sure their alignment is correct.
Adding Bookshelves and Racks to raise bed frames:
In the next method of how to raise a bed without legs, we will discuss placing bookshelves and racks under the bed for raising its height. These shelves and racks not only provide the necessary height to the bed but also act as storage places for books, clothes, and other small items.
How to install bookshelves and racks under the bed?
- Start with placing a long bookshelf of the length according to the length of the bed. For this purpose make sure that the bookshelf is even on all surfaces.
- Now, pick the second side of the bed and place the books shelves, and racks of similar length that you placed on the first side of the bed.
- Furthermore, you can add bookshelves on the wide sides of the bed in the same way that you did for the lengthy sides. Finally, place the bed on this setting of shelves and racks. Make sure that these racks can withstand the weight of the bed and anything extra on it.
Placing tires under each side of the bed for raising it:
Another simple way to increase the height of the bed is by installing tires on each corner of the bed. For this purpose, you first need to determine how much height you are looking to increase in your bed. Then, look for tires similar to that height.
After buying tires according to that height, start fixing them one by one on each corner of your bed. Furthermore, if you cannot do this, you can contact a professional carpenter that can help you in placing those tires.
Using Mattress toppers as bed risers:
There are various mattress toppers available in the market that can provide you with an extra height of a few inches. Usually, these toppers are made up of latex or foam so that you do not feel uncomfortable while lying on them.
Furthermore, these mattress toppers are available in different heights and materials. So, it is up to you how much height you want to increase on your bed. Select the topper of that height and place them on your end.
How to place the mattress toppers on the bed?
The process of placing is very simple if you are in search of how to raise a bed without legs. These toppers will help you to achieve that height.
- First of all, buy the topper of the required size, height, and material. Now, unpack and remove the bed sheet.
- Now, start placing the mattress topper on your bed mattress and properly adjust it.
- Tab each corner of the topper with the mattress corner and that is it. Now, you can enjoy the extra inches of height you were looking for in your bed.
Using a Lofting kit:
A lofting kit helps you get the desired height if you are looking for how to raise a bed without legs. This kit is quite similar to the car jack and also helps you to jack your bed. For this purpose, you need a strong material lofting kit that can bear the weight of the bed.
Add two or four such kits on each side of the bed and adjust the height of each jack accordingly. However, you can fix the lofting kits with your bed permanently by using drills, screws, and bolts.
How do you raise a bed frame without legs?
There are various methods to raise a bed frame without legs. The following are the key methods to do so.
- Using chains for lifting the bed
- Lofting kit as the bed riser
- Bookshelves and racks as bed lifters
- Bed risers of three types
- Mattress toppers as bed risers
- Tires under each corner of the bed
How do you raise a bed without bed risers?
If you want to elevate your bed, a simple solution is to use bricks or wood blocks and place them under the legs of the bed. This requires no technical expertise.
How can I increase the height of my bed?
To create more storage space, you can use wedges between the mattress and box spring to lift the bed off the floor. If you are still not comfortable with the height, there are affordable options like cinder blocks or wood pallets that you can use. Another option is using bed risers made of wood, metal, or plastic to raise platform beds by placing them under each side of the bed frame.
Can I use a car jack to lift a bed?
Yes, vehicle jacks can be a perfect tool for lifting purposes. However, there are ready-made products available at around $35 that can help you in increasing the height of your bed.
We described various effective ways and methods of how to raise a bed without legs. Each method has its different installation process and you can select the methods that suit your preferences and height requirements. However, it is better to hire a professional to install different items for raising the bed.
for more information visit voxblend.com