While fixing a dishwasher in a kitchen cabinet, a space is left. However, some people may find this place very awkward and just want to cover it to add visual appeal to the kitchen. Then, they feel how to hide gap between dishwasher and cabinet.
Despite having a key role to play, still this gap does not look pleasing to many people. We will discuss the various methods that you can use to cover this gap between cabinet and dishwasher.
How to hide gap between dishwasher and cabinet?
There are basically three different methods that you can use for closing the gap that you notice between a cabinet and a dishwasher. However, this gap is very necessary for a cross-ventilation of heat and air in the cabinet.
One very simple and easy way to fill this gap is by raising the dishwasher from the bottom. As you know, the dishwasher does not have a flat bottom side; rather four stands are attached on each corner that hold this dishwasher. So, by placing anything under those corner stands, you can hide this gap between the dishwasher and the kitchen cabinet.
- First of all, measure the gap between the kitchen cabinet and the dishwasher.
- Now, cut four wooden pieces according to the measurement of the gap. Note that a piece of wood should be cut half an inch less than the width of the gap.
- In the next step, start placing each wooden piece under each corner stand or leg of the dishwasher.
- But if the legs or corner stands are adjustable, you just need to twist these stands until the gap is just half an inch. So, this is how you can raise the dishwasher from the bottom.
2. Design a frame for Dishwasher
Designing a proper frame for the dishwasher is another excellent way you are looking how to hide gap between dishwasher and cabinet. A metallic or wooden frame will be perfect for the dishwasher and there will be no problem regarding the gaps between the kitchen cabinet and the dishwasher.
Process of designing a frame:
- First, measure the width of the space that you want to cover.
- Now, decide which type of frame you are looking to place around this dishwasher.
- The frame will surround the sides and top and bottom sides of the dishwasher. However, you can place some strips on the upper side of the frame for the removal of heat from the dishwasher.
- A wooden frame will start corroding after a certain time period. This is because of the steam that will start incorporating inside this frame.
- But a metallic frame will be more effective and useful in the case of steam. However, in this way, steam will stay inside the dishwasher and can cause other problems in the dishwasher itself.
3. Adding Filler strips in the gap:
Finally, another easy way to fill the space between the kitchen cabinet and the dishwasher is by using filler strips in that gap. These filler strips are available in wood and silicon material. As we already discussed, heat from the dishwasher gets out from the similar gap that you are looking to fill.
So, wood strips will decay after some time. Therefore, using silicon strips are effective tool if you are wondering how to hide gap between dishwasher and cabinet.
How to apply these filler strips in the gap?
It is very easy to cover the gap with these filler strips.
- First of all, measure the width of the dishwasher and also measure the height of the gap.
- Now, cut the filler strips of the required length and width so that the maximum gap can be covered.
- Finally, attach them to the outer side of the gap. The best thing about this strap is that it does not decay with the steam and one can easily attach and remove it.
- For attaching this make sure that this strip has a matching color with the kitchen cabinet or the dishwasher.
Is it safe to hide the gap between a dishwasher and a cabinet?
This space is actually for better ventilation of heat from the dishwasher. The dishwasher uses hot water for cleaning purposes and the steam or heat from this water is released outside through this gap. Therefore, this gap helps in the smooth working of the dishwasher.
However, filling this gap can cause the heat or steam to strap inside the dishwasher. And this will really affect the efficiency and working of the dishwasher. Heat trapped inside the dishwasher may damage its electrical parts and will cost you a complete repair.
So, it is advisable to not fill the gap and allow the heat to flow outside the dishwasher through a proper path. But for visual appeal, you may consider making this gap as small as it gets so that the ventilation process can also keep going.
What are the consequences of leaving that gap open?
There are no serious consequences for leaving the space between the kitchen cabinet and the dishwasher. One popular reason may be dirt and debris getting inside that gap and getting layers on the dishwasher. So, it can affect the working of the dishwasher a bit.
Secondly, a gap looks quite awkward between all the beautiful arrangements in the kitchen. Therefore, a person focuses on how to hide gap between dishwasher and cabinet.
How do I fill the gap on the side of my dishwasher?
To avoid the need for filler strips, consider raising the height of the dishwasher. Moving the dishwasher left or right is not a viable solution in this situation.
What is the gap between the dishwasher and counter?
It is common for dishwashers to have a few inches of gap or space between the appliance and the countertop. This is necessary for the cross-ventilation of the heat and humidity. Moreover, the manufacturers of dishwashers also suggest that users keep a little space between the kitchen cabinet and the dishwasher.
How can I hide my dishwasher?
There are two main methods to conceal your dishwasher within a cabinet. So, these two methods are;
- Purchasing pre-made flat-packed cabinets
- Designing your own wardrobe from scratch
However, you can take help from various 3D drawing tools that allow you to plan out your kitchen layout according to your wish and choice.
What is the purpose of a dishwasher air gap?
The purpose of a dishwasher air gap is to prevent water from coming out during a wash cycle. In this way, it ensures that freshwater is used in your appliance. In states where air gaps are set by law, even new dishwashers will require the installation of an air gap device.
Hope you find this blog informative and know the solution to how to hide gap between dishwasher and cabinet. The methods that we discussed are physically applicable and can add to the beauty of your kitchen. However, this gap is a necessary way for the heat to move outside the dishwasher. For more info Must visit Voxblend.com