You can install window boxes by using hooks, tension rods, suction cup shelves, tension wire systems, and freestanding window box holders. window boxes add greenery to the houses which enhances the beauty of the windows and gives a perfect look.
However, mounting the boxes to the wall by drilling is not always possible or desirable. So, here is some good news for you about how to hang window boxes without drilling. These boxes add and offer a natural beauty to your home window.
There are a lot of methods of installing windows without drilling, that not only offer an easy solution but also protect your window wall from any damage. In this article, we will discuss the different ways to securely install window boxes.
Methods of Install Window Boxes
There are various methods of installing window boxes without drilling that are useful and effective. Let’s discuss each method briefly and the way of installing it.
Use the Tension Wire to hang the Window Boxes:
To implement this method, you need wire cables that will fasten tightly to the sides of the window frame to hold the window box in place. Using the tension wire to install window boxes in the wall is the best option. You also feel comfort to those who are worried about how to hang the window boxes without drilling.
How to Install a Robust Tension Wire System for Heavier Window Boxes:
- Measure the dimensions of the window.
- Measure the length of the tension wire.
- Now, the tension wire is carefully tied to the sides of the window frame.
- Make sure that the wiring system is firmly connected.
- Now, re-examine the wiring system that will hold the weight of the window box.
- Now place the window boxes on it.
- Make sure the window box is balanced. Also, the window box does not put undue stress on the tension wire or window frame.
- Check the tension wires for any signs of damage over time. If any damage appears, replace it immediately to prevent future damage.
Note: Using this unique technique is more usable for hanging and securing window boxes. That also protects the window frame from any damage.
Use the Tension rods to Hang the Window Boxes:
Using rods to hang window boxes is not only efficient but also versatile. That makes it easy to remove and replace as needed. Tension rods are mostly used for hanging curtains but you can also use these rods to hang window boxes.
How to Install Tension Rods for Light Window Boxes?
- Measure the dimension of the window.
- Take tension rods according to the dimensions of your window.
- Insert the rod into the window. Now, make sure the tension rod is securely fastened inside the frame.
- Now, place the window boxes on the rod. Make sure the boxes are properly balanced on the tension rod.
- When finished, re-check that the buckles are a tight fit and adjust the tension as needed. However, be careful not to stress the window frame to avoid damage to the window.
Note: Mostly these rods are used to hang small boxes. However, it needs regular checks to check the stability of the tension rod. Due to the weather conditions, that is not good during strong winds or storms.
Use the Freestanding window box holders to Hang the Window Boxes:
If you want an easy way to install window boxes without attaching anything to your home walls and window frames. These boxes are available in different materials, sizes, styles, and shapes. This method offers a great option for you. Window box holders offer aesthetic appeal.
How to Install the Freestanding Window Box Holders
- Choose a holder according to the dimensions and weight of your window box.
- Place the holders under your window. Make sure the holders are level and stable just below your window.
- Now place the window box on the holder. Make sure it is placed firmly and securely.
Note: It offers window boxes a secure platform. Install these holders at a level that matches the size of your window and make sure the holders are set up correctly.
Use the Adhesive Hooks to Hang the Window Boxes:
Using hooks to hang window boxes is one of the easiest, safest, and most usable methods as an alternative to drilling. These hooks are available in different strengths, styles, and sizes. You can buy these hooks which are best according to their weight and type of window.
How to Install the Heavy-Duty Adhesive Hook?
Follow these steps to install the hooks properly.
- Use a cleaner to clean the area where the hooks are installed.
- After cleaning the area, allow it to dry completely.
- Use the strong adhesive hooks that will hold the weight of your window box.
- Apply the glue. Now, give the glue an appropriate time to cure.
- Install the adhesive hooks. After installing it, gently tug it to check its strength.
- Now, install the window box with adhesive hooks.
Note: These hooks are not safe for holding window boxes in an area where the environment is not favorable such as high winds or storms.
Our point of View:
You can enhance the natural beauty of your home window by using these methods that are discussed above briefly on how to hang window boxes without drilling. Each of the methods discussed offers a useful and secure hang that is suited to your window needs.
You can use any method with confidence in practice to make the area around your home attractive. However, after any method of installation, ensure that the weight of the window boxes is carefully evaluated. Also, examine the condition of the window boxes during local weather conditions.
for more information visit voxblend.com