Having a bright room is good until it interrupts your sleep. Sometimes we do not need light because it irritates us during sleep or also affects our eyes while watching TV. So, we do not feel comfortable. That’s why you need to know about How to Block Light from Windows without Curtains.
Using some tin foil or cardboard, aluminum foil, installing an awning, blocking out the shades, window tint treatment, and many other ways are very helpful to block the light from windows. In this article, we will discuss several methods and cheap ways that will help you solve this problem.
Methods of Blocking Light from Windows without Curtains
If you are worried about how to block the light from the windows that provide a lot of natural light and also you do not feel comfortable during sleep and watching the TV. Things that you can use for blocking light from windows without curtains So, here are some ways to stop the light.
- Using Cardboard
- Install an Awning
- Using Window Tinting
- Aluminum Foil
- Black-Out Shades
- Hang Plants
By using these things according to your requirements, you can gain the benefits of blocking the light. Let’s talk about these ways briefly, one by one.
You need to know how to remove wrinkles from the curtains.
What are the Cheap Ways to Block Sunlight from Windows?
If you are searching for cheap and quick ways to block light from windows, you can apply cardboard to them.
- Using cardboard is the cheapest way to block sunlight.
- It can easily be found in many stores.
- It can protect your eyes from the rays of the sun and keep your room cooler.
- You have to cut the cardboard to the perfect size to cover the window.
How can We block the light from the window temporarily?
Using aluminum foil is an effective method to block the sunlight temporarily. Also, there are various benefits to using aluminum foil to block the light from the windows.
- Aluminium Foil completely blocks the light from the window, and the room temperature keeps cool.
- Also, it not only provides the benefit of blocking the light but also reduces utility bills.
- You always focus on your aluminum foils to prevent unwanted damage.
- It is a cheaper option to block the light from the window.
- It is easily available in the market and also easy to use.
What are the types of darkening window film?
- Solar Control Film
- Blackout film
- Reflective Window Film
- Extra light turned off
- Using Room Dividers
- Hang Plants
- Using Non-reflective color shades
What are the methods that block the light and give a pleasant look to your window?
There are several ways on How to Block Light from Windows without Curtains that present the good-looking and also stop the light. Black-out shades are an effective method for curtains to block the light in rooms with optimum style.
- Black-out shades are available in two colors One is black on the outer part, and the other is silver on the inside part.
- A black-out curtain can be used in place of the preexisting curtain.
- It can work like a liner for the window and perfectly reduce the incoming light.
- Depending on the weather, you can use it like in warm weather; it will keep the room cooler.
- It also reduces your utility bills, and you will get the best result by using it.
Easy guidelines to block lights from windows without curtains:
Using Window Tinting
If you want a stylish and modern method to make the window look chicer as compared to cardboard or foil and are searching about the How to Block Light from windows without curtains, the window tint option is the best way to block the light.
- The window tint film is easy to apply and remove.
- It’s like a sheet, and the profile is thin.
- It can cover the windowpane adequately.
- Window tint also blocks unwanted UV rays, and the room temperature stays comfortable.
- You can easily clean it by using a damp cloth with occasional wipedowns.
In case, you need to know how to hang window boxes without drilling.
Install an Awning
Using the awning to block the light is a stylish way and presents the look as fancy and sophisticated.
- An awning is a canvas sheet and you can easily hang it on the exterior part of your windows.
- Awning perfectly reduces the natural light that is coming through the glass.
- Also, you can use it for your glass doors.
- As weather also affects the awnings before buying it you should select the type of awning like polyester awning, cotton awning, canvas awning, aluminum awnings, and some others.
Using the Mesh Liner
If you do not want the full darkness in your room, by using the mesh liner is another method about How to Block Light from Windows without Curtains.
- Mesh liners are not so expensive that they are cheap to buy.
- Mesh liner not only blocks the light but also can work as a protection to ward off insects and flies entering your room.
- It is derived from many materials like plastic-wired mesh liners, copper-wired mesh liners, aluminum-wired mesh liners, and iron-wired mesh liners.
- Before applying it to the window, cut the mesh liner into the desired pieces according to the height of the window.
Put up these shutters on the front to block light from the window for a classic look.
- Wood and metal shutters are easily available on the market in many colors, different designs, and sizes.
- Shutters do not only block the light but also present a great look.
- You can use the shutter on the lower half of the window so as not to block the view completely.
You may be wondering how to open a window from outside.
Everyone likes plants, so hanging the plant in front of the window is also the best option to block the light.
- Plants will improve the indoor air quality.
- You can choose different plants to hang, from ivy and geraniums to pansies and spider plants, among others.
- But you have to take care of the real plants; otherwise, you can also use the artificial ones that will be available in different colors.
There are several ways to block the light from windows if you are searching the How to Block Light from Windows without curtains. You can enjoy the best alternative to the curtain by applying these methods according to your requirements, as I have described in this article.
With little effort, you can apply any option in your home to maintain the temperature and face the challenge of getting healthy and restful sleep.